Anyone who has ever lost their luggage at an airport knows how inconvienent this situation can be. Delayed and permanently lost luggage is a growing concern around the globe.
Recent technological developments have created a solution in the smart tag. A small, wireless device that operates using GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or cellular data, these tags allow you to locate your lost luggage using your phone. Give yourself peace of mind with these top luggage trackers and smart tags.1. Apple AirTag
Starting at just $29, the Apple AirTag is one of the top smart luggage trackers on the market. The device is intended for iPhone users since you’ll need the Find My app, which is only available on iOS.
The tiny tag can be attached or placed inside checked luggage. If you think your lost item is nearby, you can remotely trigger an audible alert to play through the integrated speaker in the tag.
If it isn’t nearby, the tag will show on your phone’s Find My app, allowing you to track your luggage. Once you’ve gotten close to your bag, the Precision Finding feature provides you with directions to it from your iPhone.
The water-resistant AirTag uses Bluetooth technology and is end-to-end encrypted for user privacy. The battery will last up to a year before it needs to be replaced.Key Takeaways:
- Low price: starting at just $29, the Apple AirTag is much more affordable than replacing luggage and its contents.
- Apple connectivity: locate your checked bags with real-time tracking on any iOS device.
- Durable and long-lasting: the Bluetooth tracking device is water-resistant and has a year-long battery life.
The Samsung Galaxy Smart Tag, starting at $29.99, is another excellent luggage tag option. Running off the Galaxy Find Network, the Galaxy Smart Tag helps users locate luggage from anywhere using their phone.
A unique feature of the Galaxy Smart Tag is that you can locate your tracker offline. As long as the device is within 130 yards, the Bluetooth tracker will show up on your Find Network app.
The device is only compatible with Samsung Galaxy phones but requires no monthly subscription fee. The small tag can be easily hidden in your luggage or conspicuously attached like traditional tags.
The battery is expected to last at least a year under normal use. The entire device weighs less than half an ounce.Key Takeaways:
- Galaxy compatible: compatible with all Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
- Offline mode: locate devices within 130 yards, even if your devices are offline.
- Low price: the Samsung Galaxy Smart Tag costs just $29.99 and requires no subscription.
The Tile Pro Tracker, starting at just $17.99, is a versatile GPS luggage tracker option. Compatible with both Apple and Android devices, the Tile Pro tracker allows users to locate lost items using any device.
You must tap “find” on the Tile app, causing the device to sound an audible alarm. This helps you locate your lost items if they’re nearby. Your tag will be visible in real-time on the app if they’re far away.
The Tile Pro also offers a few additional features, making it useful outside of travel. For example, you can use Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant to find your items if you’ve misplaced them in your house.
Another great feature is that the Tile Pro works in both directions. If you’ve lost your phone, you can simply press the hard button on the tracker, and your phone will play an audible alert tone.Key Takeaways:
- Compatible with Apple and Android: the Tile Pro Tracker is compatible with Apple and Android devices and features Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant connectivity.
- Reverse finding: if you’ve lost your phone, simply press the hard button on your Tile Pro. Your phone will play a sound to help you locate it.
- Very low price: the Tile Pro Tracker starts at just $17.99.
The Tracki Mini GPS Tracker is a unique solution to the lost baggage problem. Starting at $28.88, the tracker falls in a similar price range as similar products made by Apple and Samsung but offers a larger list of features.
The Tracki Mini is engineered with international travelers in mind. Using GPS satellite technology, the Tracki Mini can be located in 190 countries, meaning you’ll have the peace of mind that your belongings are safe no matter where you travel.
If you’ve misplaced something, the tracker is also Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capable, allowing a more precise reading on the app. The device can be purchased with an additional battery, which extends its life from one month to six in battery saver mode.
However, users must purchase a monthly subscription plan for continuous usage. The lowest plan costs just $9.95 a month. All devices include a full lifetime warranty for all lost or damaged devices.Key Takeaways:
- International coverage: GPS satellite coverage extends to 190 countries.
- GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth capable: use the device’s GPS connectivity to locate lost luggage or use the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities for misplaced items.
- Full lifetime warranty: each tag is protected by a full lifetime warranty for all lost or damaged devices.
You’ll want a more intricate tracker if you need to track more expensive items. The LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker is one of the market’s most advanced GPS tracking tags.
The waterproof and dustproof GPS tracker features an internal magnet, allowing you to stick the tracker on high-value metallic objects. The device is connected to an app and a website, showing real-time tracking information no matter where you are.
The app also offers more features than most competitors. Users can program the device to send text message alerts when the device leaves a specific area, arrives somewhere, or moves in general. Users will also have access to historical location data to see where items were in the past.
The device’s battery will last up to six months in low power mode. During active use, it will last for over a week. It uses 4G LTE and satellite connectivity, so your tracker will always have signal.
The device’s sim and GPS cards are included in the purchase, but you’ll need to purchase a monthly subscription for both. The cheapest plans cost $19.95 a month, though you can save more by prepaying for longer-period plans.Key Takeaways:
- Integrated magnet: attach your tag directly to high-value metallic objects.
- Real-time geofencing alerts: get text message alerts when your tag moves, leaves an area or arrives somewhere.
- 4G LTE and satellite connectivity: the LandAirSea 54 uses 4G LTE and satellite technology to provide continuous service anywhere.
Whether you’re a new voyager or a veteran, traveling doesn’t have to be a difficult experience with Tips-Travel. Our in-depth blogs provide insider information to help you travel like a pro. Check out our recommended destinations and travel tips, so you can ensure your next vacation goes off without a hitch.